Thursday, September 6, 2012

Of Late, I Think of France

Me voici! New country -- new blog! I hope it is to everyone's satisfaction (especially my own)!

I will be living and teaching in the South of France this school year, after spending two years in Austria, and the change is welcome, but a bit sad at the same time. There are many wonderful things about Austria that I have already begun to miss terribly (and a few things I'll never miss, but that's a different story); as a learner of both German and French, I need to keep my fluency up before the likely step to a graduate program -- or a job where (I hope to goodness) I'll be using my bachelor's degree (I majored in languages).

I have high, but realistic, hopes for this year. Living abroad is always so variable, so unpredictable. Yet, for me, it is life-affirming as well as life-changing. I will try my darnedest to continue to shed quirky and original insight into teaching English to Europeans. It's a job I keep getting hired for, so what the heck?! I'll give it my all.

For those of you who followed my Austrian adventures, expect more of the same. For those who didn't -- where the hell have you been?!?! You missed a lot, but not everything.

Here's where I'll be honest: I'm expecting more followers this time around because Americans seem to know next to nothing about Austria (save The Sound of Music) but seem to all have a love affair (at the very least, a love-hate relationship) with France. Quel horreur it would be to disappoint, n'est-ce pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment